30 August, 2018

175 of 86

THE CAT, THE MOUSE & THE CAKE

I saw this painting online somewhere and it really appealed to me so I decided to give it a go. Although it's not a patch on the original, I am really pleased with the end result and have even gone to the trouble of printing it for framing! Best of all though, it taught me a few more lessons in ArtRage and that's always good because it gets me more comfortable with the interface and the tools - which in turn should get me closer to making my very own creations from scratch instead of having a go at someone else's work.


ArtRage 5 on Surface Pro 5

I used 6 layers for this piece and I created them right at the very start....

1) Background Sketch
2) Background Colours
3) The Cat
4) The Mouse
5) The Cake
6) The Flowers

What I SHOULD have done, was to have another layer inbetween 5 and 6 called The Vase! That would have been real helpful - one of the lessons learned.

No comments:

Our Own Art-Club!

Each Friday we go to the local Art-Club in Horwich. It's a thriving club with a broad range of people of all ages and skill-levels. Apart from the regular painting sessions, we have many professional artists visiting us to demonstrate their skills and to run workshops.

But sometimes, it's nice when just a few friends get together mid-week too, and so here we are in Simon's "studio", benefitting from the skill and experience of his father, Brian Waddington. It looks a bit cramped in there, but we were just huddled together to fit in the photo frame :-)



And you can drink beer in this club! :-)