10 March, 2015

122 of 86

OUR TRIP TO WALES

20"x 16" ACRYLIC. I just printed out a really vivid and punchy colour photograph on my printer and then got a message to say the cartridges needed replacing, so I opened up a new pack and put fresh ink-cartridges in. As I was doing it, I stopped to marvel at the ENORMOUS range of colours that printers achieve by mixing just 3 colours (plus black). Most people including myself, would immediately think of a 3-colour palette being made up of a Cad Red, Ultramarine Blue and a Hansa Yellow. So I thought I'd nip out and buy the very same colours as the printer and see if I could paint with them, so I popped over to Ken Bromleys and got a tube of CYAN, MAGENTA and YELLOW in Galeria Acrylics.

So for my first attempt with this limited palette, how about this? 


I really struggled with the mixing, but I have to admit, I quite like this painting now that it's framed.

No comments:

Our Own Art-Club!

Each Friday we go to the local Art-Club in Horwich. It's a thriving club with a broad range of people of all ages and skill-levels. Apart from the regular painting sessions, we have many professional artists visiting us to demonstrate their skills and to run workshops.

But sometimes, it's nice when just a few friends get together mid-week too, and so here we are in Simon's "studio", benefitting from the skill and experience of his father, Brian Waddington. It looks a bit cramped in there, but we were just huddled together to fit in the photo frame :-)



And you can drink beer in this club! :-)