26 January, 2014

75 of 86

THE SQUARE


11" x 7" WATERCOLOUR. I started this sketch after looking through one of Judi Whitton's books about painting loosely. I did a rough sketch and set about with the idea of just 'dropping in' touches of colour here and there. Suggestions! Hmmph! That didn't work out as usual, because my stupid brain just tells me to fill everything in. What an idiot!

Judith Farnworth saw the image on FaceBook and very kindly sent me an encouraging PM along with some hints and tips, so I'll give it another go in due course :-)


No comments:

Our Own Art-Club!

Each Friday we go to the local Art-Club in Horwich. It's a thriving club with a broad range of people of all ages and skill-levels. Apart from the regular painting sessions, we have many professional artists visiting us to demonstrate their skills and to run workshops.

But sometimes, it's nice when just a few friends get together mid-week too, and so here we are in Simon's "studio", benefitting from the skill and experience of his father, Brian Waddington. It looks a bit cramped in there, but we were just huddled together to fit in the photo frame :-)



And you can drink beer in this club! :-)