15 February, 2013

35 of 86

CAMPER VAN (Oil)

Sadly, I gave up on this one and wiped it out. It just wasn't going the way I wanted it to. I had every intention of it being a quick "Pochade" style piece, but it quickly became laboured, so I stopped, photographed it and then painted over it.

I'm aware that the red van is "floating" and there's lots of textures missing from the lawn and building, etc. If I had carried on, I would have sorted all that out - I just didn't want to carry on with it :-(

I think I'll go back to doing simple still-life subjects until I get my colour-mixing skills honed and hopefully find my own "pallete".



No comments:

Our Own Art-Club!

Each Friday we go to the local Art-Club in Horwich. It's a thriving club with a broad range of people of all ages and skill-levels. Apart from the regular painting sessions, we have many professional artists visiting us to demonstrate their skills and to run workshops.

But sometimes, it's nice when just a few friends get together mid-week too, and so here we are in Simon's "studio", benefitting from the skill and experience of his father, Brian Waddington. It looks a bit cramped in there, but we were just huddled together to fit in the photo frame :-)



And you can drink beer in this club! :-)