19 June, 2011

25 of 86

DERBY ST, WESTPORT
This 20"x16" oil is what I did as an entry for the "Virtual Paintout" blog which is run by Bill Guffey. Basically, each month Bill chooses a new location from which you can paint using Google Street Maps. It's a great idea and half the fun is finding a suitable picture! Again, this painting hasn't worked out anything like I wanted, but I enjoyed doing it.



I think part of the reason that I enjoyed this one so much is that I moved all my painting gear out to the garage, where I don't have to worry about splashing smelly thinners all over, plus, there's a lot more space.


No comments:

Our Own Art-Club!

Each Friday we go to the local Art-Club in Horwich. It's a thriving club with a broad range of people of all ages and skill-levels. Apart from the regular painting sessions, we have many professional artists visiting us to demonstrate their skills and to run workshops.

But sometimes, it's nice when just a few friends get together mid-week too, and so here we are in Simon's "studio", benefitting from the skill and experience of his father, Brian Waddington. It looks a bit cramped in there, but we were just huddled together to fit in the photo frame :-)



And you can drink beer in this club! :-)